Essential oils…. ever heard of them? I gotta say, I am quite intrigued with the idea of a liquid having so much “power.” When I learned more about essential oils and what you can use them for, I immediately went out and bought little bottles of different scents to test it out for myself. It’s a liquid containing extracted compounds from different plants. That made more sense to me on how this works…
So I decided to dedicate this post to my all time favorite essential oil and what uses it has, Lavender!
- Acne- Take a drop or two and apply it.
- Migraine- Mix 3-5 drops with any carrier oil and rub it on forehead.
- Insomnia- Sprinkle a few drops on your pillow. Also helps with anxiety and can be calming just by smelling it 🙂
- Air freshener- Fill a spray bottle with distilled water and a few drops of the oil.
- Wounds and cuts- Apply oil to affected area.
- Hair growth and dandruff- Massage head with a few drops of oil mixed with a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Relaxing foot scrub or bath- Add drops of lavender to water and soak.
- Lastly, just simply add it to anything and everything you want to have a relaxing scent such as body scrubs!
Overall, the aroma of lavender is supposed to be a calming, detoxing, and relaxing smell. And like noted in that last bullet, I like to make my own at home body scrubs with the lavender oil. It’s just a mix of white sugar, coconut oil, and drops of the oil. I make big batches of it for a very small cost and it lasts for a long time. Give it a try!
And if you know of any other uses for essential oils, please feel free to share!