RANT post time!! I have yet made a post where I just rant about something. Now would be a good time because I have been thinking about something lately as I scroll through my bank account….. There is so much out there that is such a waste of money! It’s a trick too… businesses lure you in and take all your money from you making you think you’re going to get the best thing out of it when you are really not. Now I know this is how a good business runs but seriously, I hate being fooled. Now I am not saying EVERYTHING out there is a waste of money but there is quite a bit that I have personally experienced. This stuff I list may not be the same situation for everyone else. You may have had good experiences with these things and thought the price is worth it. In fact, I am pretty sure there are people out there that have. However, this is all strictly based on my terrible experiences and what I experienced to be a waste of my money and I’ll tell you why.
- Alcoholic drinks at restaurants and bars- Now I am pretty sure this is one everyone can agree with. But 6-8 bucks for a little shot of something?? Or more than 10 bucks for a “fancier” drink that takes only a few big chugs to finish?? And not to mention a lot of mixed drinks that are mostly ice…. The bad part is everyone gets drunk and doesn’t care and keeps on buying drink after drink not thinking about it until the next morning. Trust me, I’ve been there plenty of times. Yet, I will not stop going to bars or restaurants because I do enjoy the atmosphere of it. It is definitely better than drinking alone at home but a lot more pricier.
- Salons- With either haircuts, dyes, nails, pedicures, I have noticed it is way too pricey for the amount of work that is actually given in to it and the end result. Just last weekend I went to a spa/salon to get a manicure and pedicure and the polish already started chipping the day after! I spent 40 bucks total plus tip. And the pedicure felt nice to get done at the time it was happening but I didn’t continue to feel anything different afterwards at all. But yes, it was a nice time to spend with my friends. However, I am not sure I will ever do it again.
- 6 Flags- Last year I won tickets to Fright Fest at 6 Flags which gets you in for admission BUT not parking or any haunted houses. So there I dropped 20 bucks on parking and a lot more inside the park. Not to mention that the park was packed beyond hell and we NEVER once got on a ride there because lines were taking up to 2 hours just to get on one. There are passes you can buy to skip lines but they were well over 100 bucks. We did happen to buy the passes for the haunted houses just to at least experience something and that was definitely not worth it at all.
- Boutiques- I understand small businesses have a harder time making money but I will never buy anything from them. I enjoy looking around to see the stuff they sell but I always scoff when I take a glance at the price tags.
- Doctor appointments/dentists/eye care- Without GREAT health insurance, you’re screwed. I don’t need to say more. I’ve been screwed out of my money and lied to many times just to receive a nice chunk of a bill in the mail that takes months to pay off.
- Anything you can make/do yourself at home- Seriously. We are just all too lazy to take the time to do things ourselves at home for half the price.
- Memberships to many places- A membership at a place such as a gym may sound like a good deal but I have always experienced some type of hidden cost.
- Makeup and other cosmetics- I am not going to lie, I go for the cheapest of the cheap and guess what? I get pretty good results still.
- Late fees- I get hit with a 30 dollar fee just for accidentally being late paying a bill by less than 24 hours. Seriously?
- Insurance(car,health,etc)- I just love paying hundreds of dollars towards something that will only be used IN CASE something happens. See that? IN CASE something happens.
- And many, many, MANY other things.
I can seriously make this list go on and on into a novel. A novel that is a series of other novels! So what did I miss? What do you consider to be a waste of money? Think long and hard about the things you are paying for but haven’t noticed yet just how much money you are wasting on it when there may even be better alternatives out there….