I am definitely not a morning person and I am sure many of you out there are the same way. I love my nights. I enjoy staying up late relaxing and having some time to myself. I seek more peace at night and have more of a creative mind and actually enjoy and have more determination to get things done. This quickly becomes a struggle the next morning when I have to wake up early. I work a Monday through Friday job that requires me to be up and at work by 8AM. Most definitely NOT easy to do.
I have been getting up later and later and really pushing my time which is not good for me at all because I end up going to work looking like crap. I love spending time on my outfit, hair, and makeup. You look good, you feel good. Lately I have been becoming very frustrated with myself in this aspect so I thought about it and started brainstorming and researching what exactly I can do to make myself more of a morning person BUT still be able to enjoy my late nights.
And then I got it….
What did I get exactly? A few tips and tricks that I am more than willing to try on making me a better, happier, morning person. And I know there are many out there that suffer with the same problem so I thought I would share.
- Let the sunshine in! Open the blinds and just let it pour through your room.
- Stop hitting the snooze button! Once the alarm goes off, get up instantly. You won’t be as tired as you would if you snooze a littler longer.
- Blast music! Maybe not too loud if you live with others but listening to upbeat fun music in the morning boosts your energy.
- Drink water! A big glass of ice cold water. Infused water you prepare the night before is even better in this case. It boosts your energy and metabolism. Double bonus!
- Get mentally motivated! Always think and get your mind set to the positive things about waking up early such as quiet time to yourself, not having to be rushed, more time in your day, and getting extra stuff done.
- Step outside! The natural light and fresh air really helps rejuvenate yourself.
- Force yourself! Force your body to jump up and out of that bed without second thoughts.
- Splash of cold water! Splashing cold water on to your face can really perk you up.
- Stretch and exercise! A lot easier said than done but you’ll feel great and awake afterwards for the rest of the day.
- Prepare the night before! If able to, make sure everything is prepared the night before so you don’t have to do it the next morning. A good example of this for me would be to prepare my work lunches the night before because I definitely do not enjoy rushing to get it done the next morning. Another example is setting out your outfit that you wish to wear.
So there you have it. Just a few tips and tricks to make yourself a better, happier, morning person. I am definitely going to manage to start working on doing the things on this list and hopefully you can give it a try as well. Be sure to share your experiences and if you have any other good tips, please share that as well!